Sea buckthorn fruits contain about 3.5% sugar and a lot of organic acids (malic, tartaric, oxalic), even more vitamins - C, B1, B2, folic acid, PP, K, P and E, carotene and carotenoids, as well as many flavonoids (especially rutin), iron, boron, manganese.
Useful ingredients. The fruits of sea buckthorn and the bark of the branches contain serotonin, which plays an important role in the normal functioning of the nervous system.
Sea buckthorn oil. Sea buckthorn oil - has bactericidal properties, well heals damage to the mucous membranes and skin, wounds, and also soothes pain. The oil is red-orange in color, with a characteristic taste and smell. The composition of the oil includes carotene and carotenoids, vitamin E, vitamin F, which regulates the metabolism in the skin, minerals and trace elements: iron, copper, silver, silicon, manganese, cobalt, nickel, vanadium, etc., as well as oleic glycerides, linoleic, palmitic and stearic acids. Sea buckthorn oil can be used externally and internally. Oil improves lipid metabolism, stimulates regenerative processes in damaged tissues
Home first aid kit.
- In acute and chronic laryngitis or pharyngitis, you need to lubricate the mucous membrane with a cotton swab moistened with sea buckthorn oil, or do oil inhalations daily for 15 minutes. The course of treatment consists of 10 procedures.
- For the prevention of diseases of the upper respiratory tract, inhalations with sea buckthorn oil are recommended.
- Sea buckthorn fruit is a natural multivitamin concentrate that can be stored frozen until spring. With a lack of vitamins and anemia, an infusion of sea buckthorn berries is used. The beta-sitosterol contained in the fruits of sea buckthorn has an anti-sclerotic effect, so sea buckthorn is useful in the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis and age-related changes in the elderly.
- Sea buckthorn juice is an excellent antitussive. To use it for this purpose you need with honey.
- Sea buckthorn tea used to be popularly used for scurvy: 5 g of dry sea buckthorn leaves were brewed with 1 cup of boiling water. And now such tea is the prevention of infectious diseases.
- A decoction of sea buckthorn seeds is an excellent laxative. With low acidity of gastric juice, with atonic constipation, fresh fruits and sea buckthorn juice are recommended.
- A decoction of sea buckthorn berries is used in the treatment of stomach and duodenal ulcers. For gastric diseases, they drink a decoction of sea buckthorn berries: 3 tablespoons of berries are poured into 0.5 liters of hot water, boiled for 10 minutes over low heat and filtered; drink as tea 2-3 glasses a day This review is for guidance only. When using for the prevention of diseases, be sure to consult a specialist!